THE ALASKA VEIN CLINIC CONSULT
Which Consult is Best for You?
The FULL CONSULT is for those patients who want a definitive workup at their first visit.
The full consult starts with comprehensive venous duplex ultrasound evaluation. This takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Following the venous duplex ultrasound, you will meet with Dr. Artwohl, where he will examine your vein problems, review the result of the ultrasound study and then outline a treatment plan. He will spend at least 30 minutes with you. After this consult, you will have a thorough understanding of your vein issues. Here are a few guidelines regarding the full consult.
- Patients referred by their health care providers should have a Full Consult.
- Patients with leg swelling, large ropey veins, leg discomfort, and skin discoloration are welcome to come in for a free consult, but almost invariably a subsequent full consult will be required.
- This evaluation is covered by private insurance plans, Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare. We have many Veterans from the VA Clinic referred for this evaluation, as well.
- A referral by a physician is not required.
- We will be happy to work out a payment plan for those patients with limited funds and/or no insurance.
FREE SCREENING CONSULT
The FREE SCREENING CONSULT is a brief 15 to 20-minute meeting with Dr. Artwohl, either in person at the clinic or over the telephone. No ultrasound is performed.
During this meeting, the patient expresses concerns about his or her vein problem. Dr. Artwohl will review the patient’s complaints and visually inspect the patient’s areas of concern, either by direct examination of by photographs submitted by the patient. Often, but not always, Dr. Artwohl will determine that a FULL CONSULT needs to be done and will recommend that the patient schedule one.
Free Vein Consult is ideal for those patients who:
- are not sure their symptoms are venous related.
- want more information about how their veins problems might be definitively diagnosed and treated.
- have minor spider veins that cause no pain or discomfort.
- just want to check out Dr. Artwohl and the Alaska Vein Center before committing to a full consult.
- Note: patients with leg swelling, large ropey veins, leg discomfort, and skin discoloration are welcome to come in for a free consult, but almost invariably a subsequent full consult will be required.
Free Consults are not provided for those patients who:
- are referred by a physician. The referring physician will need a complete report.
- are being evaluated for a deep vein thrombosis, since to properly evaluate a DVT, an ultrasound is required.
- want a second opinion about vein treatment that has been recommended or previously provided (since we will need to do our own ultrasound to provide you with an independent opinion).
The AVC Online Consult Request
If you do not want to go through the online method, just give us a call at 907-222-6240 or toll free in Alaska at 1-800-VEIN-DOC and we’ll take your request over the phone.
Alaska Vein Clinic • 3300 Providence Drive, Suite 309 • Anchorage AK • 99508
Tel 907-222-6240 • Fax: 907-222-6870
©Alaska Vein Clinic / Website created and maintained by The Alaska Vein Clinic.