POST CLOSUREFAST INSTRUCTIONS
After your radiofrequency endovenous ablation procedure (ClosureFast):
• COMPRESSION: wear compression stockings / leg wrap(s) continuously for 96 hours, except for brief periods when you need to change them. If you need to change them, lie down to do so to keep pressure off the treated vein. After the 96 hour period, wear them during the day only for another 2 weeks.
• BATHING: on the second morning during the first 96 hours, you may shower with the stockings on and then lie down in bed and change to dry stockings.
• PAIN & MEDICATIONS: Some inflammation, tenderness, and bruising is common. It is not uncommon to have slightly more tenderness during the second week after the procedure. It is very common to experience mild discomfort that can last up to 6 weeks after the procedure. This discomfort can be alleviated by Tylenol, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve).
• EXERCISE & ACTIVITY: You should walk every day after ClosureFast: at least 20 minutes a day. Light aerobics, bicycle riding, is okay. Avoid strenuous exercise, heavy weight lifting, squatting, or activities that require heavy "bearing down" or Valsalva maneuvers.
• FOLLOW-UP: You will be scheduled for follow-up six weeks after the procedure. If you have more than one procedure, the appointment will be scheduled six weeks after the final procedure). At this visit, you will have a post-procedure ultrasound with Devon and then see Dr. Artwohl. This is a no-fee visit. You should have received an appointment time, but if you do not have one or need to change it, call the office at 907-222-6240.
• CALL THE OFFICE (907-222-6240) IMMEDIATELY FOR: Prolonged tenderness, redness, or warmth along the treated segment, moderate to severe pain preventing a return to normal activities, shortness of breath, swelling in the treated limb, ANY questions or concerns.
IF YOU HAD VALIUM FOR YOUR PROCEDURE, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL FOR 24 HOURS.